Home » » Final respect to Beloved Comrade Harekrishna Debnath

Final respect to Beloved Comrade Harekrishna Debnath



Dear Hare,
It was more than 17 years we met first time at Chennai and we had been close friends after that. We were together at Chennai, Hatyai, Kisumu, Negombo, New York, Jo'burg, Bangkok,and also where ever there was a fisheries struggle. Some times you were my close friend, we shared lot of things of our lives. You shared your long life of struggles, very frankly about your loneliness, helplessness, hardships at the movement, how you felt at the Jumbudvip struggle, how you encouraged Tom to keep fasting till the Central Government Minister come to the tent at Mumbai to close the hunger fast against Joint Venture Fishing Operations by Foreign Fishing companies, how you had the vision to form the WFFP as the fisher people's political organization in the world, how you manage to run NFF with out having financial support from any one.
I was a passive smoker because of we were always together for the breaks of the workshops. You wanted me to be with you always. You had lot of things to share, guide me for the next steps of the WS etc. Also, you shared me with gratitude, how Nalini helped you providing cigarettes free through her brother's quota. I am really sad to recall all these memories. But, will not forget to keep these in my mind as a memories of a loving friend.
What ever said and done, you are no more with us.
What to do? Loss of your wisdom to fisher people's movement is a irreparable damage. I know you were great asset to Tom as you were for me.
SO, it is already too late and too difficult indeed to say good bye to you.
How can I say it?
My heart is very heavy.

But, this is the life. We meet one day, live together as friends and leave each other some time later.
Now you are no more with us.
But, we hope, we will meet some where some day.
May be sooner than later.

Herman Kumara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. NAFSO-CONVENERS DIARY - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger